Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Kid's Hot Cocoa Birthday Party

My son's 9th birthday happens to fall right before Christmas, so this year we moved his party ahead and celebrated early.  Why didn't I do this before?  It gave me a lot of time to prepare and we had a blast getting ready instead of putting this on top of present wrapping and Christmas parties & dinners.

I decorate mostly in red, white and light blue for Christmas, so I decided to go with those colors for his party too.  I am sure the pictures speak for themselves.  Everyone had a good time and the cocoas (especially the Nutella cocoa) were yummy!

I found a lot of these ideas on the internet by searching for hot cocoa party!







These cups are made using those GIANT marshmallows!









The table is wrapped with wrapping paper.




Did I mention that my son has a large personality?

The cake is a Mario Power-UP mushroom.  I just baked a cake in a large metal mixing bowl, put it on top of a cake stand, covered it with chocolate icing, rolled fondant and painted eyes on the bottom of the cake stand with chocolate.
Happy birthday, to my little one!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Bird said...

YUM!!!! What are those "brown" marshmallows? Are they covered in nuts? Oh man, you got me salivating :D

Thank you so much for linking up tot he party! ;)

XOXO
Bird




Blog Widget by LinkWithin